Fine Art Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rhythm In Composition


Coney Island has been a favorite subject of mine. There are a number of reasons, I have an attachment to the place having spent many summer days at the beach and from a visual context I really like the compositional elements it holds.
In "Big Bad Beach Umbrella" I enjoyed creating a visual rhythm, the rollercoaster offered and opportunity to lead the eye to the figurative elements in the painting at key intervals while also playing the vertical supports of the structure against the verticals of the boardwalk railing and concrete boardwalk supports.
I also liked confining the strong color notes within the narrow band of the elements on the boardwalk. With the exception of the cadmium green of the beach umbrella I repeated the other colors of the umbrella in key places in the pictorial space.
This painting measures 12" X 16" and is available for purchase through my studio, Casale Fine Art. Price on Request. Visit www.casalefineart.com for contact info
The Arts of David Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment